Task 2: 24th May 2021
Past Perfect Continuous Tense
Put the verbs into the correct form (past perfect progressive).
1.We (sleep) --had been sleeping--- for 12 hours when he woke us up.
2.They (wait) _________________________ at the station for 90 minutes when the train finally arrived.
3.We (look for) _________________________ her ring for two hours and then we found it in the bathroom.
4.I (not / walk) _________________________for a long time, when it suddenly began to rain.
5.How long (learn / she) _________________________ English before she went to London?
6.Frank Sinatra caught the flu because he (sing) _________________________ in the rain too long.
7.He (drive) _________________________ less than an hour when he ran out of petrol.
8.They were very tired in the evening because they (help) _________________________
on the farm all day.
9.I (not / work) _________________________ all day; so I wasn't tired and went to the disco at night.
10.They (cycle) _________________________all day so their legs were sore in the evening.
Task 1: 24th May 2021
Past Perfect Tense
Fill in the spaces with the correct form of the verb in parentheses in simple past
Note: All of the past participles used in this exercise are regular.
(See note at exercise 28.)
Example: Vikings (invade) had invaded England long before the Angles and Saxons
1) Tonya (work) _______ _______ as a decorator before she opened her shop.
2) My daughter and I (enjoy) _______ _______ the ballet so much that
we wanted to see it again.
3) The power supply (fail) _______ _______ during the night, so the
house got cold.
4) You (call) _______ _______ earlier in the day, so we knew you were
on your way.
5) The cat (scratch) _______ ______ a hole in the sofa before its owner noticed.
6) John and Nikki (start) _______ _______ their bakery long before the big one came
7) The alligators at the edge of the pond (scare) _______ _______ us until we realized
they were behind a fence.
8) The defense attorney (argue) _______ _______ before Judge Sanchez prior to last
9) The trumpet player (finish) ______ ________ his solo before the trombonist stood
1 Mark (behave) _______ _______ well at the playground, so his mother bought him
Task 4: 21st May 2021
Upload a video on your dashboard covering the following task.
Describe your favourite song.
You should say:
What is the name of the song
What the song is about
When you first heard the song
Explain why it is your favourite song.
Note: Once completed write "completed" in the comment box