May 4th, 2021 Task Answers
A. Simple Past long form or short form: Fill in the correct form.
Yesterday it was (to be) my friend´s birthday. He invited (to invite) a lot of friends from school.
It was (to be) very hot so we decided (to decide) to go to the swimming pool. The swimming pool wasn't (was not) (not to be) full so we swam (to swim) a lot. Suddenly Joe fell (to fall)
and hurt (to hurt) himself. We called (to call) an ambulance. He didn't stay (did not) (not to stay) in hospital but he had (to have) a broken arm.
B. Simple Past short form: Fill in the correct form.
1. Peter paid for Emily´s ticket. (to pay)
2. We were in the park this morning. (to be)
3. He visited his friend in 2013. (to visit)
4. The bird flew high in the sky. (to fly)
5. She wasn't 14 last year. (not to be)
6. We were in the park this morning. (to be)
7. The Olympic Games didn't finish last month. (not to finish)
C. Simple Past: make questions.
1. They asked many questions last time.
Did they ask many questions last time?
2. She talked to David a week ago.
Did they talk to David a week ago?
3. You went to school this morning.
Did you go to school this morning?
4. They planned the holiday to France.
Did they plan the holiday to France?
1. He was cooking.
2. Was she playing cards?
3. I wasn’t crying.
4. You weren’t feeling well.
5. Where was I going when I met you?
6. She wasn’t sleeping at midnight.
7. Was I working?
8. Were you sleeping when I got home?
9. Was it raining at lunchtime?
10. What were you doing?
11. Why was she running?
12. You weren’t reading.
13. How were we doing at that time?
14. He wasn’t watching a film at 3pm.
15. I was doing my homework at eight o’clock.
16. Where was it raining?
17. You were shopping when I called you.
18. She was eating dinner when we arrived.
19. Was he living in Tokyo at the time?
20. Was it raining?
Question 1 -: my e-mail.
Question 2 -: the internet.
Question 3 -: a pastry and a coffee.
Question 4 -: my newspaper.
Question 5 -: a coffee.
Question 6 -: lunch.
Question 7 -: with the music.
Question 8 -: arrive.
Question 9 -: to eat in a restaurant.
Question 10 -: to bed.