Task 2: 5th May 2021
Fill in the correct form of the verb – All tenses
1. They ___________________ in Chicago for 20 years (be).
2. I ___________________ a wonderful film in the cinema last night. (see)
3. The sun ___________________ at 6:38 yesterday morning (rise)
4. The sun ___________________ when the climber reached Mount Everest. (shine)
5. I promise that I ___________________ this secret to anyone (not tell)
6. Unfortunately, just as we got to the airport their plane ___________________ off (take).
7. They ___________________ to the movies only once in a while (go)
8. I was tired yesterday because I ___________________ well the night before (not sleep).
9. Sh! Someone ___________________ to our conversation (listen)!
10. When I left the house this morning, it ___________________ (already rain)
11. I think Bob ___________________ for London this very moment.(leave)
12. The plane ___________________ off in a few minutes. (take)
13. I ___________________ up at 7 every morning but this morning I ___________________ long and I
___________________ up until 8. (get, sleep, not get)
14. I ________________________ my watch because it is being fixed (not wear).
15. This ___________________ an easy quiz so far (be).
16. They ___________________ in an apartment right now because they can’t find a cheap house.
17. Everyone ___________________ when the earthquake hit the small town. (sleep)
18. He _________________________ by herself since her divorce (live)
19. I was angry that I ___________________ such a stupid mistake (make).
20. I predict that by 2020, man __________________________ on Mars (land)
21. He ___________________ his job a couple of years ago. (quit)
22. Our daughter __________________________ from the university yet (gradate).
23. They ___________________ any Christmas cards last year (not send)
24. She ___________________ to a doctor once a year for an examination (go)
25. They ___________________ about me when I interrupted their conversation. (talk)
26. Nothing much ______________________ when I got to the meeting (happen).
27. My parents ___________________ in New York two weeks from today (be).
28. I ___________________ two mistakes in the last quiz. (make)
29. Unfortunately, our team ___________________ any games last year. (not win)